At the Playground of Empathy you'll be given the opportunity to walk in someone else's shoes — a real person of a different gender identity than you. Come to enhance your empathy and sense of connection with others, and maybe even change your perspective.
The interactions are designed through academic research on empathy and learning in collaboration with:
- The Interdisciplinary Affective Science Lab at Northeastern University
- Dr. Lisa Feldman Barrett, president of the Association of Psychological Sciences and professor at Northeastern
- Dallas Ducar, psychiatric clinician at the Transgender Health Program at Massachusetts General Hospital
- Lulu Miller, founding producer of NPR’s Radiolab and Invisibilia
- Micah Kessel & Kelley Van Dilla, Founders of Playground of Empathy